Welcome to ...

The place where the world comes together in honesty and mirth.
Windmills Tilted, Scared Cows Butchered, Lies Skewered on the Lance of Reality ... or something to that effect.


Thursday, September 4, 2008

Independents react to Palin's 'speech'

Here are some reactions by four Independent voters to the speech given by the repugican VEEP nominee:

I was completely underwhelmed. She was a republican novelty act with a sophomoric script. It was not even a speech I would expect for a someone running for the local PTA, much less for vice president.”

-- George Lentz, 66, Southfield - Independent


Who is Sarah Palin? I'm sorry but I still don't know anymore about this young lady tonight than I did last night ... the way it looks to me, she's the republican vice presidential nominee for one reason: because Hillary wasn't selected.”

-- Mike Kosh, 38, West Bloomfield - Independent


"Sarah Palin is a self-described ‘pitbull with lipstick.’ She spent little time helping Americans learn who she is. Her speech contained few statements about policy or the party platform. … I am not convinced that Palin's experience as a mayor or governor in Alaska meet the qualifications to be vice president much less one stroke or heart attack away from being commander in chief.”

-- Ilene Beninson, 52, Berkley - Independent


Nothing worked for me. I found her barrage of snide remarks and distortions to be a major turn off. She is not a class act. The most important point she made is that she will be an effective attack dog.”

-- Jan Wheelock, 58, Royal Oak - Independent

No comments: