- Support for fascists, both in America (see: Pat Buchanan, Robert Stacy McCain, etc.) and in Europe (see: Vlaams Belang, BNP, SIOE, Pat Buchanan, etc.)
- Support for bigotry, hatred, and white supremacism (see: Pat Buchanan, Ann Coulter, Robert Stacy McCain, Lew Rockwell, etc.)
- Support for throwing women back into the Dark Ages, and general religious fanaticism (see: Operation Rescue, anti-abortion groups, James Dobson, Pat Robertson, Tony Perkins, the entire religious right, etc.)
- Support for anti-science bad craziness (see: creationism, climate change denialism, Sarah Palin, Michele Bachmann, James Inhofe, etc.)
- Support for homophobic bigotry (see: Sarah Palin, Dobson, the entire religious right, etc.)
- Support for anti-government lunacy (see: tea parties, militias, Fox News, Glenn Beck, etc.)
- Support for conspiracy theories and hate speech (see: Alex Jones, Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, Birthers, creationists, climate deniers, etc.)
- A right-wing blogosphere that is almost universally dominated by raging hate speech (see: Hot Air, Free Republic, Ace of Spades, etc.)
- Anti-Islamic bigotry that goes far beyond simply criticizing radical Islam, into support for fascism, violence, and genocide (see: Pamela Geller, Robert Spencer, etc.)
- Hatred for President Obama that goes far beyond simply criticizing his policies, into racism, hate speech, and bizarre conspiracy theories (see: witch doctor pictures, tea parties, Birthers, Michelle Malkin, Fox News, World Net Daily, Newsmax, and every other right wing source)
And much, much more. The American right wing has gone off the rails, into the bushes, and off the cliff.
I won't be going over the cliff with them.
Tuesday, December 1, 2009
It is once again clear that we would never want anything that comes from a socialist health care system.
Obviously the system does not promote innovation as the teabaggers love to tell us.
Whatever we do, we do not want this kind of system.
French scientists have found a way to create human skin rapidly from stem cells, a discovery that could save the lives of many burns victims who are vulnerable to infection and now wait weeks for a skin graft.
The scientists made the breakthrough by creating a patch of human skin on a mouse's back using stem cells -- cells which have the ability to develop into any human cell.
Skin grafts have traditionally been created from cell cultures taken from the patient -- a process that takes three weeks, too long for some patients suffering extensive burns.
From the sugary-sweet to the super-salty, we can't stop at just one bite of these tasty treats.
Wingnut blogger Hal Turner subpoenas Chris Christie
Police say three people who noticed a Philadelphia school counselor unconscious and dying in an emergency waiting room robbed him instead of going for help.
Dying man robbed in ER waiting room
A new study conducted in Florida has given scientists reason to believe that hammerhead sharks may have vision comparable to that of humans. The researchers measured electrical activity in the eyes of half a dozen sharks from three different hammerhead species. They then put electrodes under the sharks' corneas and recorded electrical activity while shining lights in horizontal and vertical arcs around each eye. Compared to normal-headed sharks, the hammerheads had three times the visual overlap — that's what creates stereo vision and depth perception in animals with eyes that face forward. This, of course, helps them be faster and more efficient at hunting prey. But there's a catch: because their eyes are so far apart, hammerheads have these giant blind spots right in the middle of their head. As study leader Michelle McComb put it in an interview with National Geographic:
There's actually been anecdotal claims by divers that they see little fish schooling right in front of the hammerheads' heads. It's like the fish are swimming by and saying, Ha, ha, ha, you can't see me!
MARIA: Here it is.
TEACHER: Correct. Now class, who discovered America ?
TEACHER: John, why are you doing your math multiplication on the floor?
JOHN: You told me to do it without using tables.
TEACHER: Glenn, how do you spell 'crocodile?'
TEACHER: No, that's wrong
GLENN: Maybe it is wrong, but you asked me how I spell it.
TEACHER: Donald, what is the chemical formula for water?
DONALD: H I J K L M N O.
TEACHER: What are you talking about?
DONALD: Yesterday you said it's H to O.
TEACHER: Winnie, name one important thing we have today that we didn't have ten years ago.
TEACHER: Glen, why do you always get so dirty?
GLEN: Well, I'm a lot closer to the ground than you are.
TEACHER: Millie, give me a sentence starting with 'I.'
MILLIE: I is..
TEACHER: No, Millie..... Always say, 'I am.'
MILLIE: All right... 'I am the ninth letter of the alphabet.'
TEACHER: George Washington not only chopped down his father's cherry tree, but also admitted it. Now, Louie, do you know why his father didn't punish him?
LOUIS: Because George still had the axe in his hand.
TEACHER: Now, Simon, tell me frankly, do you say prayers before eating?
SIMON: No sir, I don't have to, my Mom is a good cook.
TEACHER: Clyde , your composition on 'My Dog' is exactly the same as your brother's. Did you copy his?
CLYDE : No, sir. It's the same dog.
TEACHER: Harold, what do you call a person who keeps on talking when people are no longer interested?
HAROLD: A teacher
Blue Texan posted this over on FireDogLake:
John Boehner, in June.
After all of this spending, after all of this borrowing from China, the Middle East, our children and our grandchildren, where are the jobs?
Eric Cantor, in August.
Since the stimulus bill passed and was signed into law, unemployment is up in Richmond, up in Virginia, and up across this country. The stimulus has failed.
Mitch McConnell, in August.
By any measurable index, the stimulus package has been a failure.
The Congressional Budget Office, Monday.
The stimulus bill enacted earlier this year has resulted in as many as 1.6 million jobs saved or created this fall, the Congressional Budget Office (CBO) said Monday evening. [...] Additionally, the CBO said, gross domestic product (GDP) was as much as 3.2 percent higher than it would have been in the absence of the stimulus.
Remember, not a single repugican in the House voted for the stimulus bill. In the face of the greatest financial crisis since the 1930s, they voted to do nothing, and if they’d gotten their way, another million Americans would be jobless, and the economy would still be shrinking instead of growing.
And while the stimulus was, in fact, producing jobs in their home states, they were publicly trashing it, right alongside the Teabaggers.
Serious question: when was the last time these clowns were right about anything?
Ah, and the answer to the question is ... Never.
Italy's greatest-known Renaissance artist, Leonardo da Vinci, may actually have been born of a Muslim mother who hailed from the Azerbaijan region nestled between the Caucasus Mountains and the Caspian Sea.
International scholar, scientist, artist and diplomat, Louis Buff Parry put forward the new theory on the roots of Da Vinci after discovering new documents in 2002 in Da Vinci’s home town of Vinci in Tuscany.
The theory is supported by several leading scholars and researchers.
- Suspect in Philippine massacre charged with murder
- 2 Guantanamo detainees arrive in Italy
- Iran enrichment plans largely bluster, experts say
- Iran holds 5 UK nationals after yacht intercepted
- Worries that Dubai washing its hands of debt woes
- Somali pirates hijack $20M of oil going to US
- Muslim women search for a space at hajj
Wingnuts hammer Mike Huckabee over shooting
Yes, how dare he revel their true nature.
More evidence of how divorced from the truth and reality the wingnuts are ... and how they do not like it when truth and reality slap them in the face.
But it is hilarious to watch.
Demjanjuk trial opens on Nazi death camp charges
Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada
Surrey, British Columbia, Canada
Bucharest, Bucuresti, Romania
London, England, United Kingdom
Durham, England, United Kingdom
Dhaka, Dhaka, Bangladesh
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
Watford, England, United Kingdom
Lisbon, Lisboa, Portugal
Montrose, Scotland, United Kingdom
You're uncharacteristically scatterbrained at the moment, and you can't seem to remember even the most trivial of things.
Stop for a minute and give yourself time to adjust to this new sensation of confusion.
You have the feeling you might just lose your head if it weren't attached to you right now.
It won't last forever, but it might last long enough to frustrate you thoroughly.
You might want to start writing things down so you can at least remember where you put things.
Now, where did I put that list?