Welcome to ...

The place where the world comes together in honesty and mirth.
Windmills Tilted, Scared Cows Butchered, Lies Skewered on the Lance of Reality ... or something to that effect.


Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Interesting In General

Interesting In General

Chinese lady embroiders with her feet

When it comes to being a clever sew and sew Chinese seamstress Liu Jianming is the clear winner.

Born without any arms she has learned to sew with her feet, and since she was a teenager has worked as a seamstress creating beautifully embroidered pictures.


Unable to afford a shop, every day she turns up on a street corner in the Chinese city of Kunming Yunnan in southwest in China and works on creating embroidered designs as well as any other seamstress work that she can get.

Kunming is the capital of Yunnan, an area recently affected by a severe drought.


She said: "I'm quite proud of my work - people are always skeptical that the creations are all my own work when they first see them - but once they've seen me threading a needle then they lose all doubt."

But she added that now she was getting older it was getting harder, saying: "I still don't have any problem using my feet to sew - the problem is my eyesight is not as good as it used to be and it's hard to see the thread."

No comments: