Welcome to ...

The place where the world comes together in honesty and mirth.
Windmills Tilted, Scared Cows Butchered, Lies Skewered on the Lance of Reality ... or something to that effect.


Saturday, July 3, 2010

Going to California

Led Zeppelin  (from the 1977 Destroyer Bootleg album- recorded in Cleveland)

Spent my days with a woman unkind,
Smoked my stuff and drank all my  wine.
Made up my mind to make a new start,
Going to california  with an aching in my heart.
Someone told me theres a girl out there
With  love in her eyes and flowers in her hair.
Took my chances on a big  jet plane,
Never let them tell you that theyre all the same.
The  sea was red and the sky was grey,
Wondered how tomorrow could ever  follow today.
The mountains and the canyons started to tremble and  shake
As the children of the sun began to awake.

Seems that the  wrath of the gods
Got a punch on the nose and it started to flow;
I  think I might be sinking.
Throw me a line if I reach it in time
Ill  meet you up there where the path
Runs straight and high.

To find a  queen without a king;
They say she plays guitar and cries and sings.
La  la la la
Ride a white mare in the footsteps of dawn
Tryin to find  a woman whos never, never, never been born.
Standing on a hill in my  mountain of dreams,
Telling myself its not as hard, hard, hard as it  seems.

No comments: