Welcome to ...

The place where the world comes together in honesty and mirth.
Windmills Tilted, Scared Cows Butchered, Lies Skewered on the Lance of Reality ... or something to that effect.


Friday, September 17, 2010

Couple to file suit against raging meter man

A South Florida parking attendant is preparing for a legal battle after losing his cool while on duty. The incident occurred in the area of A1A and Atlantic Avenue in Delray Beach, last Friday morning. Andrea was about to workout on the beach and park her vehicle. "So I turn around, and the parking attendant is giving me a ticket, and I was like, 'Oh, hey, buddy!' I'm like, 'Wait a second!' I said, 'I have quarters. I didn't even know if we were staying or going,'" Andrea said.
According to Andrea, she was out of her car for about 30 seconds when she received a ticket for parking at an expired meter. The volunteer parking enforcement officer, 68-year-old Barry Shore, then began to harass her, even though Shore took back the ticket. A few hours later, Andrea's husband, Bill, searched for Shore and questioned him about his actions. "'According to my wife, you were harassing her.' And I said, that apparently, there were witnesses to this, and during the conversation, I said, 'I'm going to get your job,'" Bill said.


Bill captured Shore's outburst on cell phone video. "Take that and shove it up your (expletive). I could give a (expletive) less, you Pennsylvania scooper woodchuck. I don't give a (expletive) about the job. A guy like you should be the (expletive) out here. Yeah, I almost lost my temper. You see what that says? Volunteer. You don't even know what the (expletive) that means," Shore said. "I don't know what the woodchuck thing means. I'm not really sure. I've never heard that before," said Andrea. "You shouldn't have these people out in the street, dealing with the public. It's bad for the city. It's bad for people that come to vacation. It's certainly bad for people that just moved here."

Bill wants to press charges against Shore, and the couple has hired Attorney Robert Solomon. "We're going to put the city on notice. You know, it's really just putting them in a position they need to be aware of who's working for them," said Solomon. Shore admitted to losing his temper and mentioned that he resigned from his position. "I lost my temper. I shouldn't have lost my temper. He was taunting me. You don't see that part of the video of him sitting in the car, taunting me," Shore said. "I should have walked away, you know, hindsight, but I didn't walk away. I handed in my resignation." As for Andrea and Bill, Shore said, "In actuality, what I would like to say to them, 'If this is all that you have to do with your life, I feel sorry for you.'" Police are currently investigating the incident.

No comments: