Welcome to ...

The place where the world comes together in honesty and mirth.
Windmills Tilted, Scared Cows Butchered, Lies Skewered on the Lance of Reality ... or something to that effect.


Friday, October 15, 2010

This Mobility Scooter Can Reach 69 MPH

Colin Furze, a plumber in Stamford, UK, altered a mobility scooter. Thanks to a 125 cc motorbike engine, it can now go 69 MPH:
He added: ‘I was told by Guinness that I could modify the engine but I wasn’t allowed to change the appearance in any way so I couldn’t give it bigger wheels or make it more stable.
‘I initially tried experimenting with battery power but I only got to about 30mph and the batteries died really quickly so I knew then it would have to be petrol powered.
Furze’s next goal is to take the scooter up to 70 MPH on a racetrack.

No comments: