Welcome to ...

The place where the world comes together in honesty and mirth.
Windmills Tilted, Scared Cows Butchered, Lies Skewered on the Lance of Reality ... or something to that effect.


Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Wingnuts are stupid

A voice mail left by Clarence Thomas's wife adds new intrigue to the 19-year-old case. 

Clarence Thomas' Wife Leaves Anita Hill Voice Mails

She might have gone just a wee hair over the line don't you think?

The wife of US Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas bizarrely phoned her hubby's onetime sex-harass accuser, Anita Hill, last week -- and demanded an apology for her testimony before Congress in 1991, according to an ABC report last night.

"Good morning, Anita Hill, it's Ginni Thomas," said Virginia Thomas, who called Hill's office at Brandeis University, where Hill is a law professor, and left a message at 7:30 a.m. Saturday.

"I just wanted to reach across the airwaves and the years and ask you to consider something. I would love you to consider an apology sometime and some full explanation of why you did what you did with my husband. So give it some thought and certainly pray about this and come to understand why you did what you did. OK. Have a good day."

Hill -- who testified that when she worked with Thomas, he once held out his soda can and asked, "Who has put pubic hair on my Coke?" -- said she thought the call "was a prank."

But Virginia Thomas, 53, later confirmed it was her to a reporter.

"I did place a call to Ms. Hill at her office extending an olive branch to her after all these years, in hopes that we could ultimately get past what happened so long ago . . ." Mrs. Thomas said.

"That offer still stands, I would be very happy to meet and talk with her if she would be willing to do the same. Certainly no offense was ever intended."

Hill, 54, retorted: "Even if it wasn't a prank, it was in no way conciliatory for her to begin with the presumption that I did something wrong in 1991.

"I don't apologize. I have no intention of apologizing, and I stand by my testimony in 1991."

No comments: