Welcome to ...

The place where the world comes together in honesty and mirth.
Windmills Tilted, Scared Cows Butchered, Lies Skewered on the Lance of Reality ... or something to that effect.


Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Emperor penguin chick has love heart bib

He is an emperor penguin chick whose change of plumage into adulthood has blessed him with a white heart-shaped patch on his chest.

Award-winning photographer and wildlife film-maker Sue Flood said that in the 20 years she has been taking pictures in the Arctic and Antarctic, and on more than 30 trips to the frozen plains, she had never picked up such a penguin phenomenon.


She said: "It's the only one I have ever come across with a bib of this shape.

"I took the picture at a time when emperor penguin chicks are gaining their adult plumage and are a mix of grey baby down and 'penguin suit' colours. This one is one in a million and in all my time as a photographer he's the only one I have seen with a bib of this shape. When I saw it, I just couldn't believe it."

No comments: