Welcome to ...

The place where the world comes together in honesty and mirth.
Windmills Tilted, Scared Cows Butchered, Lies Skewered on the Lance of Reality ... or something to that effect.


Monday, September 26, 2011

Rescue dog saves new owner's life after he suffers epileptic fit on walk

A rescue rescued by an animal shelter and given a new home has returned the favor to her new owners by saving the life of their son. Liam Brooks, from Plympton, had taken three-year-old dog, Faun, for a walk in the woods at Chaddlewood when he suffered an epileptic seizure. The City College Plymouth plastering student described how he began to feel dazed about 15 minutes into the walk.

He said explained: "A couple of minutes after that I collapsed and had a fit. Faun must have seen me pass out. At first I think she tried to drag me to safety because I had drag marks all over my jeans. Then she started barking really loud to get someone to help. A couple of policemen had been in the area and had heard her barking so came to see what was going on. They found me having a fit and took me to call an ambulance."

Photo from here.

Liam had suffered problems with his eyes before but it was the first time he had had a seizure. Doctors decided to keep the 16-year-old in hospital overnight to monitor him due to the severity of the episode. The teenager added: "The doctor at the hospital said that if it wasn't for Faun getting help I could have died due to how serious the fit was. I'm really happy we got her."

Faun, a cross breed, was taken in by the Brooks family in January after she was rescued by the Woodside animal sanctuary. Mum, Paula Brooks, who suffers from epilepsy, added: "It was such a shock to see my son brought home in a police car. It was amazing, Faun dragged Liam along the path and stayed with him the entire time."

No comments: