Welcome to ...

The place where the world comes together in honesty and mirth.
Windmills Tilted, Scared Cows Butchered, Lies Skewered on the Lance of Reality ... or something to that effect.


Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Lightning Over Greece

Zeus must've been really pissed! Photographer Chris Kotsiopoulos took this photo sequence of 70 lightning over Ikaria Island, Greece:
Fire in the sky! This is a photo sequence containing 70 lightning, taken at Ikaria island during a severe thunderstorm that took place the night of the total lunar eclipse at June 15, 2011.
In order to make the sequence, I set the camera to a tripod taking 20 second shots continuously. After 83 minutes I ended up with approximately 90 lightning shots. I had to exclude around 20 because the photo condensed so much that didn't look nice. Also, in many shots I have captured more than one lightning. I believe that the number of actual lightning captured that night is more than 100.
I do landscape photography since 2006 and this is my lightning personal record! The previous is this one with 42 lightning captured.

No comments: