Welcome to ...

The place where the world comes together in honesty and mirth.
Windmills Tilted, Scared Cows Butchered, Lies Skewered on the Lance of Reality ... or something to that effect.


Wednesday, May 1, 2013

You can count on a Marine

 
A Florida teen rescued a woman who was being attacked by a bull on Saturday.
Desiree Cicero was trampled and gored at the 64th annual Cracker Day Rodeo, and she said John Weideman-Beal, 19, saved her life.
John Weideman-Beal is a Marine and is being considered a hero after he rescued Cicero when she was knocked off her feet by the bull.
He said his instincts kicked in, and he used his body as a shield as the bull circled around and trampled both of them a second time.
"I wasn't thinking about it," Weideman-Beal said. "I was thinking about Desiree."
During the rodeo, spectators were invited to take a bow off of a bull for cash.
"I saw one of the handlers reach down in there, and I don't know if they cattle-prodded it or what, and it went from a little ornery to bucking, kicking and shewing, and I said, 'That is one crazy bull. Somebody is going to get hurt,'" Weideman-Beal said.
The bull tossed Cicero.
She spoke after being transported to the hospital for treatment.
"The horn went straight through to the bone," Cicero said. "It's weird. It just happened so fast, and I'm like, 'Oh my God. I am knocked out.'"
"She had a nasty hole in her arm," Weideman-Beal said. "I'm leaning over, trying to prevent her from going into shock because that is what the Marine Corps taught me to do."
Cicero suffered a broken rib, a staple under her arm and a bruised torso.
She said she never expected to walk away from the attack.

No comments: