Welcome to ...

The place where the world comes together in honesty and mirth.
Windmills Tilted, Scared Cows Butchered, Lies Skewered on the Lance of Reality ... or something to that effect.


Tuesday, June 11, 2013

A Celtic Woman's Song

by Heather Rose Jones

My Mother’s Mother drew a sword,
My Mother bore a spear,
And I have learned to bend the bow.
But time brings changes, fast or slow
To all that we hold dear.

From far across the sea have come
Strange priests with stranger ways,
Who say we must be chaste and meek;
A man’s protection we must seek,
And serve him all our days.

I’ve served the Lady and my folk
And never known defeat,
And shall my freedom fall from place
Like weapons of a conquered race
To lie at some man’s feet?

No! First I’ll leave my folk behind
And seek the Lady’s glade;
I’ll drink her cauldron dregs and see
The secrets of eternity
And always stay a Maid.

No comments: