Welcome to ...

The place where the world comes together in honesty and mirth.
Windmills Tilted, Scared Cows Butchered, Lies Skewered on the Lance of Reality ... or something to that effect.


Saturday, June 15, 2013

One-Armed Woman Wins Miss Iowa Competition

Miss Iowa
23-year old Nicole Kelly is the new Miss Iowa. She was born without a left forearm, but she's never let it get in the way of her ambitions. She writes:
I was born without my left forearm. (Although, when people ask me what happened to my arm, I like to ask, "Well, what do you think happened?" My favorite explanation to date has been that it was bitten off by a shark…a perfect explanation for someone from Iowa.) As I grew older, I learned to offset the initial stares I received from people with an outgoing personality that would not give in to "No." This meant that I tried everything! From baseball, to dance to diving, there was nothing I would not try. I found my passion within a world where I was giving people permission to stare…the stage. 

No comments: