Welcome to ...

The place where the world comes together in honesty and mirth.
Windmills Tilted, Scared Cows Butchered, Lies Skewered on the Lance of Reality ... or something to that effect.


Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Killer wasps leave many dead in China

Wasps have killed nineteen people in northwest China, with nearly 600 severely injured.

A hospital in Hanzhong City has treated 87 victims, eight have died and four are in a critical condition.

One of the victims there describes being chased and stung hundred of times, He Quancheng said: "These wasps surrounded me and I could not stand it, so I used a basket to cover my head and that's how I saved myself".

The insects' highly toxic stings can lead to anaphylactic shock and renal failure. Officials have urged people to seek medical help if they have been stung more than ten times.

No comments: