Welcome to ...

The place where the world comes together in honesty and mirth.
Windmills Tilted, Scared Cows Butchered, Lies Skewered on the Lance of Reality ... or something to that effect.


Thursday, December 5, 2013

Pizza Hut Fires Nice Manager

For Refusing to Open on Thanksgiving

Greedy, money-grubbing Pizza Hut is under fire today after a former employee came forward saying the chain fired him for refusing to open the location he managed on Thanksgiving Day.

Tony Rohr, from South Bend, Ind., said he found out two weeks ago that the franchise owner, Franchise Management Investors, insisted on opening the restaurant on Thanksgiving to stay competitive, despite having never opened on the holiday before.

“I said, ‘Why can’t we be the people who say we care about our employees?’” Rohr told ABC News.
“I don’t think it’s right, and I don’t want to make anyone work on Thanksgiving.”

Rohr alleges the company responded by forcing his resignation. “My area coach told me the director of operations needed me to write a letter of resignation. I was like, ‘Well, being fired and resigning are two very different things and I’m not going to do that,’” Rohr said. “So I wrote a different letter explaining my position on the situation and handed it in and left.”

Rohr said he wrote in his letter, “I am not quitting. I do not resign, however I accept that the refusal to comply with this greedy, immoral request means the end of my tenure with this company. I hope you realize that it’s the people at the bottom of the totem pole that make your life possible.”

No comments: