Welcome to ...

The place where the world comes together in honesty and mirth.
Windmills Tilted, Scared Cows Butchered, Lies Skewered on the Lance of Reality ... or something to that effect.


Monday, December 16, 2013

Police hunt for Santa after he crashed his car through a hedge before fleeing

A man woke up to a shock on Friday when “Santa” drove through his garden hedge. William Morren, 66, was woken at 5.25am after hearing a crash in his garden in Dundee. And he looked out of his window to see a man dressed as Santa clambering out of a blue Nissan Micra before running away. Police are now hunting for the driver, who they believe may have been hurt in the smash.William said: “I was in bed and I heard a bang and I thought it was an accident or something. I got up and had a look and there was a bus across the road. The bus driver got out and went over to the wee blue car that was in the hedge. Then the bloke got out and it was a bloke in a Santa outfit.
“He ran off down the road after the bus driver went over to him and he was leaning forward a lot and I thought he was drunk. The police asked me if I would be able to identify him but he was wearing the whole Santa outfit apart from the beard, so I don’t think I will be able to. He was slim and scruffy and younger than me. I hate Christmas anyway because a close family member died a few years ago. Now I hate Santa even more.
“I am not happy about what he has done to my hedge.” The car was recovered by a tow truck just before 7am, but “Santa” has not yet been traced by police. A Tayside Division spokeswoman said police were called to a home in the early hours of the morning.  “A male driver dressed as Santa crashed into a garden hedge,” the spokeswoman said. “We are now trying to find the driver. Anyone who can help is asked to speak to any police officer.”

No comments: