Welcome to ...

The place where the world comes together in honesty and mirth.
Windmills Tilted, Scared Cows Butchered, Lies Skewered on the Lance of Reality ... or something to that effect.


Monday, February 3, 2014

Council demanded woman pay £0.00 parking fine or face court

A woman was wrongly given a £0.00 parking ticket then chased up for the non-existent fine weeks later. Josh Woodley, 40, was ticketed in Abbey Wood, south east London despite having paid £3.80 to park via text.
She thought nothing more of it until she received a letter from Bexley Council demanding she pay her £0.00 fine with 28 days or face court action.
Josh said: "At first I was furious because I knew I had paid but when I actually looked at it, it had ‘no pounds, no pence’ on it. I don’t know how much it costs them to post these things – they could be better using the funds for more important things.
"There is a part of me that wants to send a cheque to them for no pounds, no pence but I don’t want to waste a stamp." A council spokesman said both notices were issued by mistake and the “fine” has been cancelled.

No comments: