Welcome to ...

The place where the world comes together in honesty and mirth.
Windmills Tilted, Scared Cows Butchered, Lies Skewered on the Lance of Reality ... or something to that effect.


Thursday, May 8, 2014

The Chansonnier Cordiforme

The Chansonnier Cordiforme (1470s) or Chansonnier de Jean de Montchenu is a cordiform (heart-shaped) music manuscript, Collection Henri de Rothschild MS 2973, held in the Bibliothèque Nationale.

Now indeed can I cry ‘alas’
and flood my eyes with tears
for I can no longer see her
as I used to, woe is me.
No indeed can I cry ‘alas’.
O accursed tongue, evil and sinful,
that caused me so much pain,
you have brought me to such straits that
life has become a misery.
Now indeed can I cry ‘alas’.
If I cannot believe that I shall ever again
see my dear treasure as I used to,
with a golden noose
around my neck my life shall end.

No comments: