Welcome to ...

The place where the world comes together in honesty and mirth.
Windmills Tilted, Scared Cows Butchered, Lies Skewered on the Lance of Reality ... or something to that effect.


Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Man almost died trying to rescue parrot from tree

After realizing his roommate's pet parrot was missing a Florida man nearly died trying to get it back. For the past three months, 50-year-old Kenny Corley of Punta Gorda has been taking care of his roommate's pet bird named Chuckles. Over that time, Chuckles has grown quite fond of Corley and now follows him everywhere.
When Chuckles followed Corley outside on Wednesday morning only to perch herself at the top of a 30-foot tree, Corley climbed up right after her. That's when disaster struck. "She was up there saying 'What are you doing? What are you doing?'" said Corley. "I said I'm coming for you, what do you think I'm doing!"
But after making it the top of the tree, Corley fell more than 20 feet back down and was lodged against a tree branch. "I was more worried about the bird than myself," said Corley. While Corley was able to call for help, it took more than an hour for firefighters to rescue him using a harness. Remarkably Corley says he only suffered three bruised ribs and a swollen knee during the fall.

Firefighters say his injuries could have been worse had he not become lodged in the tree. Thankfully, firefighters were later able to rescue Chuckles as well. "Ol' Chuckles is a good bird, I about had a heart attack when I lost her. Thank God I got her back now. I'll be able to sleep easy tonight," said Corley. Both Corley and Chuckles are now recovering back at home. Corley says he has no regrets and would do it all over again to get his favorite parrot back home.

No comments: