Welcome to ...

The place where the world comes together in honesty and mirth.
Windmills Tilted, Scared Cows Butchered, Lies Skewered on the Lance of Reality ... or something to that effect.


Sunday, January 25, 2015

Kangaroo knocked former female cricketer off bicycle

Former Australian cricketer Bronwyn Calver escaped with eight stitches in the knee after being knocked from her bicycle in Canberra on Monday evening by a kangaroo.
Bronwyn Calver, who played three Tests and 34 one-day internationals for Australia during the 1990's, was cycling home from work at 6.25pm when she encountered an obstacle she certainly was not expecting. "One second I was riding along and next minute this kangaroo has come out from the side; it all happened so fast," Ms Calver, 45, said.
"I think I tried to break and turn my wheel to the right but he's collected my front wheel and thrown me down hard on my left side, meanwhile he's hopped off." Three cars stopped to offer help and people walking by waited with Ms Calver until an ambulance arrived. The kangaroo's luck on the road was short-lived though.

Moments after the initial collision, it jumped over a railing onto another road and was killed by an oncoming car. Rather than worry about possibility of another kangaroo hopping out in front of her, Ms Calver said she will soldier on and take her chances. "If it happens again, it's bad luck I reckon," she said.

No comments: