Welcome to ...

The place where the world comes together in honesty and mirth.
Windmills Tilted, Scared Cows Butchered, Lies Skewered on the Lance of Reality ... or something to that effect.


Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Baltimore Woman Vows To Make Her 'Relentlessly Gay' Yard Even Gayer After Homophobic Note

by Curtis M. Wong
A Baltimore woman is vowing to make her garden even gayer after a neighbor reportedly slammed her for keeping her front yard "relentlessly gay" in a note.
A snapshot of the note, which has appeared on the Baltimore Sun, Raw Story and the Daily Mail, among other media outlets, which appeared on Julie Baker's door, reads:
Your yard is becoming Relentlessly Gay! Myself and Others in the neighborhood ask that you Tone it Down. This is a Christian area and there are Children. Keep it up and I will be forced to call the police on You! Your kind need to have Respect for GOD.
Simply signed "a concerned home owner," the note appeared after Baker and her daughters had decorated the lawn with a set of rainbow lights, which spelled out "love" and "ohana," a Hawaiian expression for family unity, according to ABC News.
But Baker, who described her neighbors as "predominately beautiful" in an interview with ABC, isn't planning on redecorating. In fact, she's launched an online fundraiser to make her yard even more colorful and pro-equality.
"I need more rainbows," she wrote on the campaign page. "Many, many more rainbows … If we go high enough, I will see if I can get a Rainbow Roof. ...Because my invisible relentlessly gay rainbow dragon should live up there in style!"
She went on to note, "Put simply, I am a widow and the mother of four children, my youngest in high school and I WILL NOT relent to hatred. Instead, I will battle it with whimsy and beauty and laughter and love, wrapped around my home, yard and family!"
At the time this story was first published, Baker's campaign had raised over $31,000.

No comments: