Welcome to ...

The place where the world comes together in honesty and mirth.
Windmills Tilted, Scared Cows Butchered, Lies Skewered on the Lance of Reality ... or something to that effect.


Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Guitarist Plays The Beatles During His Brain Surgery

Anthony Kulkamp Dias, a bank worker and professional guitarist in Brazil, underwent brain surgery. The doctors wanted him to stay awake during it, so Dias played his guitar and sang. The Daily Telegraph (auto-start video) reports that one doctor enjoyed a song so much that he asked for an encore:
“The doctors asked me to repeat one of the country songs so I even had an encore,” Mr Kulkamp told Brazilian news website G1.
As the doctors worked on this brain, Dias felt the effects on this body and performance:
“I played six songs at certain times,” he said. “My right hand was a bit weaker because that was the side that they were operating on. So I stopped and rested. I was interspersing songs and talking with them.”
In the video above, Dias is playing "Yesterday" by Paul McCartney.

No comments: