Welcome to ...

The place where the world comes together in honesty and mirth.
Windmills Tilted, Scared Cows Butchered, Lies Skewered on the Lance of Reality ... or something to that effect.


Sunday, July 12, 2015

Man who flew in lawn chair attached to helium-filled balloons charged with causing mischief

A man from Calgary, Canada, used helium-filled balloons to fly over the city on Sunday, risking his life to draw attention to his cleaning products company, and also landing himself in trouble with the law.
Daniel Boria, 26, pulled off the potentially deadly stunt by attaching about 110 balloons to a lawn chair. "At one point I was looking up at the balloons, they were popping, the chair was shaking and I was looking down at my feet dangling through the clouds at a 747 flight taking off and a few landing," he said.

"It was incredible. It was the most surreal experience you can ever imagine. I was just by myself on a $20 lawn chair up in the sky above the clouds." Boria was detained on Sunday evening and released on Monday morning. He has been charged with one count of mischief causing danger to life. "I knew I would get arrested, but I didn't think they would pursue it as heavily as they did," he said.

"I've never done anything wrong before and this was with good intentions." Boria said he sprained his ankle, but was otherwise unharmed. "We did make it as safe as possible for everybody else," he said. "Our end goal was to only put myself in danger." The charge of mischief is related to the lawn chair, which could cause damage or hurt someone when the balloons pop and it falls to the ground, said Insp. Kyle Grant from Calgary police. He expects more charges will be laid under the federal Aeronautics Act.

No comments: