Welcome to ...

The place where the world comes together in honesty and mirth.
Windmills Tilted, Scared Cows Butchered, Lies Skewered on the Lance of Reality ... or something to that effect.


Monday, October 31, 2016

Has Anyone Ever Actually Poisoned or Put Razors in Halloween Candy?

My mother never checked my Halloween candy when I was a kid, but that was years before the Halloween candy tampering panic. We picked up homemade treats at quite a few homes. I always checked my kids' trick-or-treat bounty -and confiscate all the Almond Joys. They handed over any dark chocolate automatically.



Daven Hiskey of Today I Found Out explains why parents are so worried about candy tampering. Reports of poisoned Halloween candy turn out to be hoaxes, accidents, or in one horrific case, a parent murdering his own children. Just as in murder, rape, and theft, you're in more danger from family and friends than from strangers.

No comments: