Welcome to ...

The place where the world comes together in honesty and mirth.
Windmills Tilted, Scared Cows Butchered, Lies Skewered on the Lance of Reality ... or something to that effect.


Thursday, October 13, 2016

Homeowner says intruder wore his sunglasses and slippers, then shot at him with his gun

A suspected home invader repeatedly shot at a homeowner in Clinton Township, Michigan, who fled his house after encountering the intruder, police said. The man wasn't hit by any of the eight bullets. Police said the man went home on his lunch hour to let his dogs outside. He noticed someone had tampered with his car, so he went inside to check on things.
Once inside, he saw a strange man in his home, wearing his sunglasses. "He said, 'I'm not stealing these,'" John Broderick said. "Then I looked down and he was wearing my slippers." Broderick ran to get his 9mm pistol, but it was gone. "I thought, 'Oh boy,'" Broderick said. "I just turned around and I ran like hell out of there."
As Broderick escaped into the garage, the invader fired three shots through the door. Broderick ran for his neighbor's house with the gunman about 30 feet behind him. "I got about halfway across the lawn, and the next thing I know, 'Pow! Pow! Pow!" Broderick said. "He shot off about eight rounds." Broderick hid at his neighbor's house and called 911.

"I can't even explain it," he said. "Honestly, I thought I was done." When police arrived, the intruder, who is now in custody, told police that he was the homeowner. "He said he lived here and that I came in to rob him," Broderick said. Broderick was not injured. His wife Pam is still shaken up about his terrifying encounter.

No comments: