Welcome to ...

The place where the world comes together in honesty and mirth.
Windmills Tilted, Scared Cows Butchered, Lies Skewered on the Lance of Reality ... or something to that effect.


Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Man hit by flying turtle

A Chinese noodle seller was almost killed by a turtle when it fell from a window of a 45-storey building.
Yao Chen was chatting to customers outside his restaurant in Chongqing, southwest China, when the foot-long amphibian reptile fell around 40 feet from a flat above, hitting him on the foot and breaking his big toe.


The 34-year-old restaurateur said: "If I had been standing just a fraction more to the left then it would have hit me on the head. The size of it and the speed it was falling at means I probably would have been killed."

The turtle, which had crawled out of its cage and over the window ledge of its owner’s sixth floor flat, had to be put down due to its injuries. Mr Yao added: "Customers were telling me to make a soup with it, but I didn’t want any more bad luck. It probably would have poisoned my guests or something."

No comments: