Welcome to ...

The place where the world comes together in honesty and mirth.
Windmills Tilted, Scared Cows Butchered, Lies Skewered on the Lance of Reality ... or something to that effect.


Tuesday, July 8, 2014

“Insane” Action Park is Open Again

The notorious Action Park in New Jersey has reopened after almost 20 years. The park had a reputation for danger, as people were injured there nearly every day -and six people died. The first aid station was always busy, and in the ‘90s, numerous lawsuits forced its closing. But a viral video titled The Most Insane Amusement Park Ever last year inspired its owners to reopen the amusement park, and to welcome those with nostalgic memories of Action Park. 
‘I was there three times when I was 9 or 10 – twice I left in an ambulance,’ said one former attendee.

‘The first time was broken ribs on the ‘Tarzan Swing’ (my dad had to jump into the water to save me) and next was the alpine slide, when my car had no brakes and I flew over the side and into the grass. I then had to walk the whole way down crying and dripping blood.

‘They kept sending us free passes to go back so we went again but I was extremely cautious and only went on one ride – a kayak where you simply paddled around a sort of lazy river. I loved it and it was safe but the next day the ride was closed because someone fell off their kayak and was electrocuted by the electric currents.

‘Never went back again – too afraid.’
We posted once about a water slide at Action Park, and the comments under it confirm the fond and scary memories others have about the park, which saw its heyday in the 1970s. The new version that opened in June is probably not as dangerous as it once was.

No comments: