Welcome to ...

The place where the world comes together in honesty and mirth.
Windmills Tilted, Scared Cows Butchered, Lies Skewered on the Lance of Reality ... or something to that effect.


Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Robin visits lady's home up to 15 times a day

A robin has become so friendly with a generous grandmother that he visits her up to 15 times a day. Pat Lowe, 77, has become "surrogate mother" to the red-breasted bird, which arrives every morning for breakfast and taps on the window with its beak. The little creature, nicknamed Bob, then hops in the back door at least 15 times a day and flits around the kitchen.
Pat gives her visitor treats including mealworms, breadcrumbs and small bowls of cooked porridge. Grandmother-of-eight Pat, of Viney Hill, Gloucestershire, says the bird first appeared over the summer. She said: "I didn't go out into the garden one day because of the cold and then he started coming into the house - he thinks I'm his mummy.
"Umpteen times I've let him out the window and said 'go back find your friends'. But he goes away for a little while and then the next day, I'm in the kitchen and he's back and then in he comes. And he's not at all scared of anybody at all. The other day, I opened the door for the postman and Bob flew over the postman's head and came in.

"He's not eating out of my hand yet but I'm working on it. He loves porridge - the cooked variety. I cook it for him to keep him nice and warm for the winter." Pat, married to Richard, 82, said: "We'll be buying him a nappy because he poops everywhere. But I don't mind. If that's the price to pay for his company then that's the price I will pay."

No comments: