Welcome to ...

The place where the world comes together in honesty and mirth.
Windmills Tilted, Scared Cows Butchered, Lies Skewered on the Lance of Reality ... or something to that effect.


Sunday, January 4, 2015

Polite, thoughtful and apologetic burglar will still be prosecuted

A Florida woman called police after finding a burglar in the bathroom of her Palm Bay apartment. "I walk into my room, and I find all my boyfriend's shoes and clothes thrown on the floor.
"I said, 'So you're trying to rob us?' And he's like, he nodded his head," the woman told the 911 dispatcher. Police identified the burglar as 20-year-old Johnathan Johnson. The victim said Johnson explained apologetically to the victim that he needed money for Christmas presents for his son.
The victim had seen Johnson before, but didn't know his name. "I made him leave, and when I came back, he put the screen back on," she said. Then, she found out her money was missing. "I asked him, 'Where's my money?' And he's like, 'I forgot to give it to you,'" she said.

The victim said Johnson did return the money and everything else. Both she and police were unmoved by his politeness. Police said breaking in is still burglary, and stealing is still theft, even if you give it all back. Johnson will be prosecuted for both alleged crimes.

No comments: