Welcome to ...

The place where the world comes together in honesty and mirth.
Windmills Tilted, Scared Cows Butchered, Lies Skewered on the Lance of Reality ... or something to that effect.


Friday, September 4, 2015

Police appeal following theft of artificial lawn

Police are appealing for information regarding the theft of an artificial lawn. Mair Ingman has spoken of her disbelief after waking up to find a section of her front lawn had been stolen. Ms Ingman says she cannot believe brazen thieves “had the cheek” to roll up a 90sqm section of her £2,100 artificial lawn from her garden in Wrexham, north Wales.
She said: “I opened my blinds as normal and could see lots of sand at the bottom of the lawn and I wondered what it was. At first I just thought that someone had dumped loads of sand, because you don’t think anyone would take your lawn. But then I realized they had stolen it.” Ms Ingman says she was given the lawn as a gift from a friend last November and was “upset” to discover it had been stolen.
She added: “I was very proud of my lawn so was upset it was gone, but more than anything shocked. I’ve never heard of anyone stealing someone’s lawn before. It does make me scared that they might come back.” After discovering the theft, she called police who sent round officers who took measurements and photographs of footprints in the sand.
A North Wales Police spokesman said: “Police are appealing for information after an artificial lawn was stolen from the front garden of a property in Wrexham. It is believed the 90sq meter lawn was rolled up and taken sometime between 11pm on August 18 and 10.30am on August 19. Anyone who witnessed the lawn being taken or who may know of its whereabouts is asked to contact the Investigation Support Team.”

No comments: