Welcome to ...

The place where the world comes together in honesty and mirth.
Windmills Tilted, Scared Cows Butchered, Lies Skewered on the Lance of Reality ... or something to that effect.


Monday, February 16, 2015

Mother's car repossessed with 9-month-old baby still inside

A vehicle with a child inside was repossessed in Florida on Tuesday. The Orlando Police Department helped the mother track down the vehicle and find the 9-month-old baby girl. "I thought somebody kidnapped her because my oldest daughter said, 'It was two white males [who] got in the car and they just left,'" Antoinette Jordan said.
Jordan went inside an Orlando day care to pick up her other two children, and when she went back outside, the car was gone. "I was just very, very scared," Jordan said. "I would never think nobody would take my baby. I didn't care about the car. They could have got their possession, I just want my baby back."
Orlando police tracked the baby and the car to Xpress Finance and General Auto on John Young Parkway, about four miles from the day care. Jordan said she owes the company $199, which was due on February 7. Typically vehicles are not repossessed three days after a missed payment. "Check the car before you take it, that's really it. Just don't take nobody's baby," Jordan said.

"I didn't care about the car. I make my payment and get my car back but don't take my baby and have me worried. She's just 9 months old." Wanda Barkley, the day care director, said the situation was terrifying. Barkley kept the other children while the mother worked with police to find the car. "We went on lockdown," Barkley said. The day care quickly came off of lockdown when officials realized the car had not been stolen. It is unclear if any charges will be filed.

No comments: