Welcome to ...

The place where the world comes together in honesty and mirth.
Windmills Tilted, Scared Cows Butchered, Lies Skewered on the Lance of Reality ... or something to that effect.


Thursday, May 29, 2008

The Top 20

TOP 20 FOODS
For Keeping Blood Pressure Down

The top twenty foods for keeping your blood pressure down are:

* Apples
* Apricots
* Avocados
* Bananas
* Broccoli
* Brussel Sprouts
* Cantaloupe
* Corn-On-The-Cob
* Eggplant
* Honeydew Melon
* Nectarines
* Oranges
* Pasta
* Potatoes
* Raisins
* Rice
* Squash
* Unsaturated Oils
* Watermelon
* Fruit Juices (except Tomato)

Foods highlighted in red are also especially low in sodium, high in potassium and low in cholesterol.

Surprised by some of the foods on the list? I was and I wasn't - seeing as how I like most of those foods listed ( you all know of my aversion to Broccoli) and my having low blood pressure - it was 100/60 the other day when I was in severe pain from the back muscles knotting up according to the nurse.
You just can't rile me, even in the most pain I have ever experienced I remained calm, cool and collected, ok, granted the pulse was racing - at a frantic 50 beats per minute.

I have been eating the 'right stuff' all my life. How about you?

No comments: