Welcome to ...

The place where the world comes together in honesty and mirth.
Windmills Tilted, Scared Cows Butchered, Lies Skewered on the Lance of Reality ... or something to that effect.


Saturday, October 25, 2008

A reader responds

Earlier today I posted a piece about Greensburg, Kansas and how they were rebuilding their town and doing so 'Green' and I received this message from Anita - a resident of Greensburg, Kansas:
Anita said...

I just want to thank you for featuring Greensburg... I am a life-long resident of Greensburg, my children are the 6th generation of my family to live here...
I now work for a non-profit organization, Greensburg GreenTown We help residents learn about green building and green living, and help them find the resources they need. We are also building demonstration homes featuring various green building techniques that will eventually be bed and breakfast inns. People will be able to come and stay a few days and experience what living in these sorts of houses is like, and how the alternative energy sources really work.

Glad to help Anita. While I cannot claim to be the 'greenest' person out there (probably at the fence looking in on the game if the truth be told) I am trying to green up my life. I hope to do more and improve my life in the process. I know you're going to be a success in Greensburg.

No comments: