Welcome to ...

The place where the world comes together in honesty and mirth.
Windmills Tilted, Scared Cows Butchered, Lies Skewered on the Lance of Reality ... or something to that effect.


Monday, April 12, 2010

News to them ...

Vanity Fair contributing editor Michael Lewis was a guest speaker for the Republican House members' book club, and explained the details of the ongoing financial collapse to numerous members of Congress.
According to Lewis, everything he told these repugican Congresscritters was, basically, news to them.
I was supposed to be there for an hour,” says Lewis. “I was there for almost three. And nobody left. And their questions were increasingly: ‘Oh my God, Goldman Sachs did what? A.I.G. did what?’ They didn’t understand it ... The minute they started to understand, they were outraged. And I think the more things are explained, the more outraged people will get.

No comments: