Welcome to ...

The place where the world comes together in honesty and mirth.
Windmills Tilted, Scared Cows Butchered, Lies Skewered on the Lance of Reality ... or something to that effect.


Friday, September 24, 2010

Woman says flying fish almost killed her

It's a fish tale that Jenniffer Herrin of Nesbit, Mississippi admits may sound almost unbelievable. Herrin said, "It was unbelievable. It was like fish, fish! People wouldn't believe a fish could do that to you." She and her family were at Tunica Lake inner-tubing behind a boat when the unthinkable happened.
Herrin said, "All of a sudden we got to one area of the lake when hundreds of fish started jumping out the water everywhere." In what seemed like a scene from a horror movie, hundreds of Asian Carp went on the attack damaging the family's boat and hitting Herrin. Herrin said, "I remember going under water and trying to get back to the top to get a breath and I couldn't get to the top. The fish kept me under water and I remember thinking this is it. This is my last breath."


It was also frightening for her husband and son. Herrin said, "He was screaming to his son I don't see her. I don't see her and finally the fish moved and my life jacket floated to the top of the water and they spotted my life jacket." Her husband jumped in to save her because she wasn't breathing and her collarbone was broken. Herrin said, "The action of him swimming and his arm going up against his stomach so hard pushed some of the water out and started choking and started spitting water back up and actually came back to."

Jenniffer Herrin says she won't ever get back into the water again at Tunica Lake and warns others to be careful. Herrin said, "I wouldn't swim. I wouldn't tube or ski and if you're out there just be very, very cautious." Herrin also says she hopes the Mississippi Wildlife and Fishery agency will eventually place warning signs at Tunica Lake to let people know what might be in the water.

No comments: