Welcome to ...

The place where the world comes together in honesty and mirth.
Windmills Tilted, Scared Cows Butchered, Lies Skewered on the Lance of Reality ... or something to that effect.


Monday, November 29, 2010

What common sayings do people get wrong?

Reddit asks the question

Here are a few answers:
  • I heard a girl says “I’m going out on a limp here”.
  • My wife once said something about the our cats not being able to pick something up because they lacked disposable thumbs.
  • For all intensive purposes
  • Be more Pacific.
  • I returned a call to a claims adjuster, to receive her voicemail greeting that said she was in the office from 8 AM to 5:00 PM, specific time.
  • “I really enjoy your self-defecating humor.”
  • It’s a “mute” point vs “moot”. Drives me insane.
  • I never knew my dad was saying “up and at ‘em” as opposed to “up and atom”.
  • Labtop
  • “I did a complete 360 and turned my life around”
  • “expecially”. Ugh.
  • “ex cetera”
  • “Take it for granite.”
  • Happy Valentime’s
  • irregardless of the facts
  • I said “play it by year” for, well, years.
  • “Li-berry” instead of “library”
  • Fustrated
  • “supposably”
  • A co-worker told me “I am not very computer sassy”.
  • Old timers instead of Alzheimer’s.
  • Or All timers.
  • People using the phrase “I literally” figuratively. Ex: I literally died laughing
  • I had a friend who thought the song was Ducks in the Wind.
  • On accident.
  • nukular
  • I could care less.
  • Wheelbarrel. 30 minute argument at work over barrel/barrow. 4 took the side of barrel, 10 on the side of barrow.
  • “Each one worse than the next,” as opposed to “Each one worse than the last.”
  • Warshington! THERE IS NO ‘R’ IN WASHINGTON!

No comments: