Welcome to ...

The place where the world comes together in honesty and mirth.
Windmills Tilted, Scared Cows Butchered, Lies Skewered on the Lance of Reality ... or something to that effect.


Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Bearer of Bad News

A man goes on a two month business trip to Europe and leaves his cat, to whom he’s very attached, with his brother. Three days before his return he calls his brother.

Brother 1: So how is my cat doing?

Brother 2: She's Dead

Brother 1: OMG she's dead? What do you mean she's dead! I loved that cat. Couldn't you think of a nicer way to tell me! I'm leaving in 3 days. You could have broken it to me a little more gently. You could have told me today that she got out of the house or something. Then when I called before I left you could have told me, well, we found her but she got up on the roof and we're having trouble getting her down. Then when I called you from the airport you could have told me the fire department was there with a net and scared her off the roof but she missed the net and unfortunately died instantly when she hit the ground.

Brother 2: I'm sorry...you're right...that was insensitive I won't let it happen again.

Brother 1: Alright, alright, forget about it. Anyway, how is Mom doing?

Brother 2: Well, Mom got up on the roof…

No comments: