Welcome to ...

The place where the world comes together in honesty and mirth.
Windmills Tilted, Scared Cows Butchered, Lies Skewered on the Lance of Reality ... or something to that effect.


Friday, January 14, 2011

‘Soul collector’ accused of trying to cut off man’s toes

A Fergus Falls man is in custody after he allegedly attempted to stab another man, a former mayoral candidate, to death in order to "collect his soul." Ivan "Skip" Mallas of Fergus Falls is recovering from multiple stab wounds after police said he was attacked with a knife at his home by Timothy Peterson, a 41-year-old acquaintance of Mallas, who lived just down the street.

"I got a knock on the door, I wasn't expecting this person (Peterson)," Mallas said. "He told me he was gonna kill me ... and I asked him 'Why?' 'Because I own your soul.' "He started stabbing that knife in between my feet; closer and closer, and I didn't move," Mallas said. "(Mallas) was in a fight for his life, and it took all his strength to fend off Mr. Peterson and his stabbing attempts," Fergus Falls Police Detective Andrew Miller said.


'He cut me (on my arm), and he cut me (on my hand), and that's when I retaliated," Mallas said. "I used to be strong in my day, but I ain't that strong anymore." Police said Peterson left and Mallas went to a neighbour's home to call for help. "Police tracked a trail of blood ... to a different residence and from there, police were able to apprehend the suspect (Peterson)," Miller said.

Peterson was arrested and charged with second-degree attempted murder and assault, and is currently in custody. Mallas said he doesn't have any set punishment he'd like to see for Peterson. "I hope that no other person has to experience this. That's all I hope," Mallas said. "I'm grateful for whoever looked over me.' Peterson's next court date is set for Jan. 24.

No comments: