Welcome to ...

The place where the world comes together in honesty and mirth.
Windmills Tilted, Scared Cows Butchered, Lies Skewered on the Lance of Reality ... or something to that effect.


Sunday, February 20, 2011

TV Con Artist (excuse me, 'Preacher') In Trouble

A TV preacher’s diabetic husband and 92-year-old mother were taken to the hospital when authorities found them sick and lying in filth in an apartment at the back of a Bluff City church.
bviarsThe Tennessee Department of Human Services received an anonymous tip last week that an elderly woman was living in wretched conditions in the All for Jesus Church of God on Beaver Creek Drive.
Brenda Viars, the church pastor and host of a Sunday evening televised ministry, told the Bristol Herald Courier Thursday that she’d been trying to get rid of the mice, roaches and gnats. She said she “got behind on things.”
On Tuesday evening, she preached to her congregation of 10 to 20 people. She fed her mother Cheerios and milk for dinner, she said.
Pascu had to put on a mask and boots just to walk inside, she said. She called it “an overwhelming amount of trash and stink.
“I’ve been trying to do my best,” Viars said. “I am sorry that things got the way they are. I don’t want to bring a reproach on our lord and savior.”
“They tell me I can get paid for keeping my mom,” Viars said. “But I love my mommy so much. I’d feel so guilty taking money to keep her.”
The family lives on 85 percent of the church’s tithes and her fees from hosting the King’s Servants TV Program, which airs on Sunday evenings on the Living Faith Ministries television channel, Viars said.

No comments: