Welcome to ...

The place where the world comes together in honesty and mirth.
Windmills Tilted, Scared Cows Butchered, Lies Skewered on the Lance of Reality ... or something to that effect.


Saturday, May 14, 2011

How to Steal Like an Artist

How to Steal Like an Artist (and 9 other things nobody told me) is a condensation of a talk given at Broome Community College in Binghamton, New York, by artist and author Austin Kleon. It was hard for me to select just one good idea from this post to quote.
My mom used to say to me, “Garbage in, garbage out.”
It used to drive me nuts. But now I know what she means.
Your job is to collect ideas. The best way to collect ideas is to read. Read, read, read, read, read. Read the newspaper. Read the weather. Read the signs on the road. Read the faces of strangers. The more you read, the more you can choose to be influenced by.

No comments: