Welcome to ...

The place where the world comes together in honesty and mirth.
Windmills Tilted, Scared Cows Butchered, Lies Skewered on the Lance of Reality ... or something to that effect.


Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Should you quit your job in 2012?

Should you quit your job in 2012?

********************
 Here are ten questions to ask yourself as you consider making a job change in 2012:

1. Am I excited to go to work, most of the time?
2. Do I see a path to learn more and do more on this job over time, unfolding naturally from the work I'm doing now?
3. Do the people at my workplace, especially the managers, see what I'm capable of and tell me so?
4. Does the work I'm doing challenge me intellectually?
5. Am I earning what I should be, based on the work experience and training I've had?
6. Have I snagged two or three significant new resume bullets in 2011 (or was it another year of running in place)?
7. Am I ethically and philosophically aligned with the company and the people I work for?
8. Do my bosses recognize that I have a life outside of work - or am I constantly adjusting my personal life to suit their needs?
9. Am I solving interesting and important problems at work most of the time, or working below my ability because that's what the job requires?
10. When I think about what's working and what's not working in my life, do I put "my job" in the list of things (like friends and family) that build me up, versus the list of things that tear me down?

No comments: