Welcome to ...

The place where the world comes together in honesty and mirth.
Windmills Tilted, Scared Cows Butchered, Lies Skewered on the Lance of Reality ... or something to that effect.


Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Elderly lady fought off burglar with BBQ fork

73-year old Margaret Jackson stopped by her daughter's house in northeast Houston on Friday afternoon. "I wanted to rest. I was tired, so I sat down on the armchair," Jackson said. Her daughter's Yorkie, Zach, kept running back and forth to the back door, barking.

"So I got up and went to look, but I went to the side window. I looked out and saw this man." He was trying to open the back door with a credit card. "I need to get a strategy," she said. She went into the kitchen and looked about for a weapon. They didn't have any large knives handy, but she found a pair of scissors and a BBQ fork.

"I said this is a weapon. This is sturdy," she said. Rather than wait for him to get in, she changed the game by charging out, moving as quickly as she could on her arthritic knee. "I pushed the door on him and then he pushed it back on me and he took off running and I got him in the back of the neck with this, just bam," she said.



The hapless burglar fled, vaulting over the fence and disappearing into the neighborhood. Houston Police officers searched for the failed burglar with dogs, but couldn't find him. Jackson said they were laughing hysterically and told her that it was the funniest thing they could remember for a long time.

No comments: