Welcome to ...

The place where the world comes together in honesty and mirth.
Windmills Tilted, Scared Cows Butchered, Lies Skewered on the Lance of Reality ... or something to that effect.


Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Sea dog travels in yellow submarine

Molly the sea dog has taken her love of the ocean to new depths after exploring life under the waves in a yellow submarine made by her owner. The West Highland Terrier often accompanies her owner, inventor Chris Garner, in his semi-submersible craft MSV Explorer on trips to explore marine life.

Mr Garner, 59, said: 'Molly's been with me every step of the way. She's been there in the factory from day one. 'I always told her I'd let her go on it when it was finished and she would wag her tail in response. We're practically inseparable. No matter what I do, she's there with me and she's a proper adrenaline junkie.


Mr Garner created the craft after a close encounter with a shark when he was swimming while on holiday in Portugal 25 years ago. He explained: 'I was around half a mile from shore doing the backstroke when I got the feeling that I wasn't alone. I turned over to see what it was when I was suddenly hit and I thought: "I'm dead."



 'Frightened to death I swam as fast as I could for shore. That was my motivation for the submarine.' The concept designer worked for 35,000 hours to complete the watercraft, which has cost about £750,000 to produce. It gives two people a 360-degree view of marine life 1.2m (4ft) below the surface while a pilot sits above.

No comments: