Welcome to ...

The place where the world comes together in honesty and mirth.
Windmills Tilted, Scared Cows Butchered, Lies Skewered on the Lance of Reality ... or something to that effect.


Saturday, March 9, 2013

Waitress Asks for ID, Gets Handed Own Stolen Driver's License

  driver's licenseBrianna Priddy, a waitress at an Applebee's in Lakewood, Colorado, lost her wallet one night. She began the laborious process of replacing its contents and ensuring that her identity wasn't stolen. Alas, someone used it to write hundreds of dollars in bad checks in Priddy's name.
Fortunately, her driver's license came back to her when she asked a customer who wanted to buy an alcoholic drink to show a photo ID. The patron handed Priddy her own missing driver's license:
"But I didn't say anything. I handed it back to her and said sure I'll be right back with your margarita. [I] went straight to the phone, called the cops," Priddy said.
Priddy acted like nothing was wrong.
"I put on my server smile and tried to take care of them, but I was shaking like crazy," Priddy said.
Lakewood police arrived in minutes. [...]
The woman accused of using Priddy's stolen ID faces felony charges including theft, identity theft, and criminal impersonation.

No comments: