Welcome to ...

The place where the world comes together in honesty and mirth.
Windmills Tilted, Scared Cows Butchered, Lies Skewered on the Lance of Reality ... or something to that effect.


Monday, June 24, 2013

Woman says she found 3½-foot snake in bag of potatoes bought from Walmart

A North Huntingdon woman said a 3½-foot snake was in a plastic bag of potatoes she bought from her local Walmart store. Bonnie Raygor said she went to make dinner when she reached into the bag of potatoes she bought and found an orange and white snake.

"First I saw its underbelly, which is white. I thought I had a bad potato. Instead I had a snake," said Raygor. "The bag was sealed. The only thing that's in it are the little holes. So I'm assuming it was in there when I bought it. I screamed. I think it is a corn snake. That's what it looks like on the Internet," she said. "I'm hoping it's a corn snake, because I just stuck my hand in it and grabbed it."
 

Raygor said she dumped the potatoes out of the bag, and her daughter and daughter-in-law put the snake into a reptile enclosure that she has from previous pets. She then called Walmart. "First, they told me I should bring it to the lawn and garden department and they'd take care of it," Raygor said. "And then I was dissatisfied, so I called and asked to speak to a manager, and he said if I had a receipt, I could get a refund. And that was the extent."



The bag is plastic with small air holes. The potatoes are Harvest Gold, distributed by Irving Farms Marketing in Maine. Walmart said it is looking into this and is contacting the distributor. The company also said it will have its food safety team contact Raygor. "I think they need to find out where it came from. They owe me an apology," Raygor said.

No comments: