Welcome to ...

The place where the world comes together in honesty and mirth.
Windmills Tilted, Scared Cows Butchered, Lies Skewered on the Lance of Reality ... or something to that effect.


Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Man's kiss of life saved Salty the dog

Salty the dog has been saved by the kiss of life. The five-year-old Jack Russell cross was brought back to life by a passer-by after he was hit by a car outside his family's home in Ballarat, Victoria, Australia, on Tuesday.


Delivery driver Steve Hunter, of Ballarat, performed mouth-to-mouth resuscitation on the dog by the roadside. "He was completely gone so I pulled his jaws apart, blew into his mouth and did CPR on the side of the road," Mr Hunter said. "I felt his chest and felt a couple of heartbeats so I scooped him up and took him back to the truck where I kept going.

"I squeezed his chest and he blinked and came around and then we rushed him off to the vet. I saw the owners had children and I thought 'this is someone's pet, you have to at least try you never know', and this time it worked. He was pretty lucky." Salty was treated at the Eureka Veterinary Hospital for a fractured pelvis and cuts to the head.


Owner Jock Maule, who was at work at the time, thanked Mr Hunter. "I couldn't believe it, I was very impressed that he had managed to revive him," Mr Maule said. Eureka Veterinary Hospital's Albert Lim said: "He's very lucky dog. The CPR saved his life."

No comments: