Welcome to ...

The place where the world comes together in honesty and mirth.
Windmills Tilted, Scared Cows Butchered, Lies Skewered on the Lance of Reality ... or something to that effect.


Monday, December 2, 2013

Holiday Traditions We Should Stop Pretending to Enjoy

Cracked runs down some holiday traditions that aren't worth the effort that some folks put into them. I went there hoping to find something I can actually shed from my busy holiday schedule, but I found that I don't pretend to like any of them. In fact, the only one I actually participate in is the Thanksgiving leftovers -and I honestly LOVE having a refrigerator full of prepared foods that at least someone in the family likes and will eat. That means I won't be cooking again for quite some time. And the secret to making a good turkey sandwich is the generous use use of Miracle Whip. Anyway, the other traditions are kind of annoying, like the office Secret Santa gift exchange.
It's an innocent enough idea, but if you deny the fact that it also turns any office into a melting pot of paranoia, resentment, and frustration, you probably invented the concept and aren't willing to acknowledge the hell you've unleashed upon the rest of the world.

The problem is, your workplace is filled with a wide range of personalities, a lot of them of the awful variety. Inevitably, those personalities start to shine through in the gifts people give.
That's just one -the rest of the not-so-fun-traditions are just as odd.

No comments: