Welcome to ...

The place where the world comes together in honesty and mirth.
Windmills Tilted, Scared Cows Butchered, Lies Skewered on the Lance of Reality ... or something to that effect.


Monday, March 31, 2014

Grandmother lucky to be alive after she was almost strangled to death by pet python

A grandmother from Melbourne, Australia is lucky to be alive after she was almost strangled to death by her pet python. Sharon Plevko, of Kilsyth, was on the phone when the two-meter-long snake, named Scoot, wrapped itself around her neck and began to choke her. As she tried to plead for help, the snake squeezed tighter, stopping her air supply. Sharon said she thought she was going to die. "It was pretty quick, he went twice around my neck and started doing the choke," she said. "I tried to get him off but I couldn't, he was that strong.
"It felt like someone had grabbed me and it got tighter, and tighter, and tighter. He was serious. It was like someone had put something around my neck and was pulling at it. I just couldn't even get one finger in to pull him off and get some air in. I could barely talk and I was asking for help." Sharon's daughter, Laura, was on the other end of the line, powerless to respond to her mother's muffled pleas for help. "We thought she was joking," Laura said. "All of sudden we could hear her saying: 'help me, help me'. She couldn't talk.
"We didn't know what to do. It was terrifying." Sharon believes she was strangled for more than 90 seconds."I couldn't breathe," she said. "I thought my eye balls were going to pop out - that was how bad it was." Eventually, Sharon managed to free herself from the python's grasp. "I squeezed its neck and then squeezed his tail and he loosened a bit," she said. After breaking free, she returned the python to its enclosure and dialed Triple 0. An ambulance took her to hospital with neck injuries ad blurred vision. Paramedics told Sharon she was just seconds away from death.

"To actually feel the blood rise to your head," Sharon recalled. "I could feel the pressure behind my eyes. The pressure in my head was so bad." Sharon said Scoot had been in the family for over two years and he had never attacked before. "I've had him around my neck and he goes wherever he wants to," she said. "I wasn't really paying attention. I think he was probably trying to get on the bench top or something. When I wasn't doing anything with him, for some reason he decided 'well, this is what I'm going to'. I still think he's cute," Sharon added.

No comments: