Welcome to ...

The place where the world comes together in honesty and mirth.
Windmills Tilted, Scared Cows Butchered, Lies Skewered on the Lance of Reality ... or something to that effect.


Friday, March 21, 2014

Woman concerned after finding what may be dead chicken floating in tin of chicken soup

A mother from Broomfield, Colorado, says she found an unappetizing object floating in a container of soup that clearly did not belong. "It's like a train wreck - you can't stop looking at," Nicole Montgomery said. "I keep looking at it and thinking, 'How does this happen?' I have no idea."
Montgomery says she poured the single-serving can of Campbell's Chicken and Stars soup into a bowl to heat it up for her daughter Molly. She noticed the strange lump when she took the bowl out of the microwave. "I opened it up, and there was this spec in there - I was like, 'What is that?' I looked a little bit closer and I was like, 'Oh, that looks like a dead chicken.'"
 
The object is shaped like a lima bean, nearly twice the size of the star-shaped noodles that give the soup its name. Several dark and narrow appendages reach upward from the core of the bean-shaped lump. "I just can't stop thinking about it," Montgomery said. "It makes me sick to my stomach to think about what was in that soup. I know things get in the manufacturing process all the time, but this is a big company that should know a little bit better."
Campbell's Soup Company issued this statement: "Campbell Soup Company takes all claims of product contamination very seriously. Whenever we receive such a claim, it is fully investigated by our Quality Assurance team to determine its possible cause. We are in the process of evaluating the claim and have not yet received the exhibit from the consumer to conduct our investigation." A spokeswoman said a FedEx box is en route to Montgomery's house for the exhibit.

No comments: