Welcome to ...

The place where the world comes together in honesty and mirth.
Windmills Tilted, Scared Cows Butchered, Lies Skewered on the Lance of Reality ... or something to that effect.


Monday, April 14, 2014

Urged on by His Mom, Man Impulsively Buys Tank

Back when I was in high school, after the fall of the Soviet Union, there was a lot of cheap Soviet military equipment available on international markets. I briefly schemed to somehow acquire a T-55 tank, which were pretty cheap. Alas, tank ownership--a dream of every man--escaped me.
But Jimmy Johansson, a 23-year old man from Borlänge, Sweden, is now living that dream. He purchased a PBV 401, a Soviet-designed amphibious armored vehicle. It weighs 12 tons and can travel about 50 miles per hour on land. The purchase cost him a mere 76,000 kronor ($11,700 USD).
His saintly mother understood the impulse and supports Johansson's decision. The Local quotes him:
"When I was about to buy it I called my mother and she just started laughing. She said 'Just get it' so I did. And because I can't take it out on the streets we had to take it on the back of a truck to get it home... people couldn't help but stare."

No comments: